JGRA undertook a comprehensive renovation and expansion of the original 1960’s clubhouse. The project resulted in a completely updated clubhouse which transformed the appearance of the building and dramatically improved the quality of service to members.
This addition to the 1920’s era Clubhouse, included new dining areas, bar trophy room, meeting room, toilets, outdoor decks and terraces as well as a new elevator. Central air conditioning was also integrated. Interior Design in collaboration with C2 Limited Design Associates.
The 4,225 sf renovation of the bar and lounge feature a backlit onyx bar and fully controllable LED lighting above. Onyx is repeated at the fireplace wall. Edge lit fabric panels are recessed between mahogany panels at two walls.
Squash/Fitness Facility This new 11,500sf Squash & Fitness Facility lies next to the paddle courts. The upper level has a 2,000sf fitness center and a pilates/yoga room while below are three glass-backed international singles courts, a doubles court, pro shop, locker rooms and viewing areas. A warming hut is flexible space for events.
A new locker room building was constructed and connected to the existing cabanas with a new boardwalk. A new beach bar and dining pavilion complete the picturesque setting overlooking Long Island sound and Mamaroneck harbor. The architectural style and finishes reflect the casual summertime use of these spaces.
Resulting from a Clubhouse Master Plan in 2014, we recently completed a two phase renovation including the mixed grill and living room, followed by banquet facilities, ladies card room and lobbies. Together, these projects have completely updated the look of the club.
This new building replaced the original squash building and houses two international singles courts, one doubles court and ladies and men’s locker rooms. Its second floor included a state-of-the-art fitness facility with fitness equipment for general member use and personal training.
The new snack bar and outdoor dining area addresses the club’s need for expanded casual outdoor dining. The covered section of the patio includes a bar, an area for buffets, and covered dining that overlooks the golf course. The Tudor style snack bar also compliments the style of the main clubhouse.
Greens Farms Academy was built around the core of a beautiful and historically significant 1920 Vanderbilt mansion. The first of two projects was a new 8,500 sf Middle School classroom building and 13,000 sf renovation. The second project was a renovation and addition to the cafeteria and kitchen.
This project included the complete renovation of the 26,000 sf clubhouse, an overhaul of the mechanical/ electrical systems, and two additions totaling 11,000 sf. The spaces include the men’s/women’s locker rooms, men’s/mixed grill rooms, formal bar, entry, exercise room and men’s/women’s card rooms.
Beach Pavilion This pavilion replaces an older building that stood at the site since the club’s founding in the 1920’s. It consists of two separate structures joined by a walkway deck. One structure includes dining and a full service commercial kitchen; the other includes showers, toilets, locker, changing areas, and staff offices.
Program areas included general purpose program spaces a 4,000 sf fitness/wellness center, new multi purpose aerobics room, new child care and pre-school facilities as well as a new lobby and administrative areas. The project included 20,000 sf of new building and 20,000 sf of renovations and alterations.